Good morning, dear readers. If you want to lose weight, but do not want to go on a tiring diet, then you must read this article to the end. We have an attractive offer for you. This is a keto diet for weight loss. Did you know that recent studies show that not only sugar but also cholesterol reduction in this diet? Haven't you ever heard of it? Then it’s time to find out, as this is a surefire way to get rid of body fat and improve your health significantly, without missing out on most of your favorite dishes - meat, fish, seafood. Interested in an offer? Then read on!
What type of diet is it and who is suitable for
What is a keto diet? This is a type of diet, in which the intake of carbohydrates and protein is significantly reduced, but fat intake is increased. BJU may look like this - 10%: 80%: 10%.
Basically, keto is a low-carb or low-carb diet. Its main goal is to achieve ketosis, which is the state of carbohydrate-hungry cells. But not bad for your health? Yes, ketosis is undesirable because it has its own side effects, but if you control it, you can benefit from it. In addition, the condition of ketosis is more common for the body than, say, overeating, because ketosis occurs at some stage of the hunger strike, which, as we know, is more acceptable and common to our ancestors than eating 5 times a day.
Note! The keto diet is a safe alternative to fasting for weight loss, which is also based on ketosis.
How does weight loss work? Carbohydrates are a major source of energy. All cells need it, as does the brain. With a sharp decrease in carbohydrate intake, blood glucose levels decreased, the body experienced a lack of energy (I wrote in more detail about carbohydrates, how much to eat a day and what type of diet for weight loss). He sought alternative sources of "fuel", ketosis began. As a result, fat is used for energy. With the onset of keto diets, they are no longer stored "in storage", but are actively split, which is what weight loss requires.
Note! Ketosis begins on the second day of a carbohydrate-free diet. To achieve weight loss results, you must adhere to it for at least 3 months.
This food is suitable for men and women who have problems not only with weight, but also health. The keto diet is medical. Originally developed for the treatment of epilepsy, but later began to be used for the treatment of other diseases, particularly neurology and psychiatry:
- multiple sclerosis;
- Alzheimer's disease;
- Parkinson's disease;
- insulin resistance;
- hormonal disorders related to estrogen, progesterone and prolactin;
- fat soluble vitamin deficiency
Clinical studies have proven the effectiveness of diet even in the fight against cancer.
The keto diet was initially developed as a method of therapy to treat certain diseases. Its effectiveness is based on complex biochemical processes and if something goes wrong, then the possibility of the opposite effect. Instead of benefiting, you can harm the body.
That is why diet can not be applied without consulting a doctor. He will tell you how to start eating right and at the very least damage your health.
Note! During the diet, doctors can even order tests to determine the level of ketone bodies in the blood. High values are harmful to health and are an indication to stop eating food.
The absolute contraindications to the keto diet are:
- immune deficiency conditions;
- kidney disease;
- serious chronic gastrointestinal disease;
To avoid unpleasant surprises, losing weight should check your health before starting a diet.
Advantages and Disadvantages
The keto diet for weight loss has its advantages and disadvantages. Need to know about them first so that later there will be no disappointment.
Let's start with the goodness. There are a large number of them:
- diet does not change significantly, the menu changes, but not much;
- due to the high caloric content of food, no hunger, the possibility of nervous disorders decreases;
- you can go on a keto diet for a long time, it does not endanger your health;
- the results obtained are permanent (if you stick to proper nutrition at all times).
- Diet will provide the body with fat-soluble vitamins for a long time, vitamin D (I wrote about the importance of vitamins for immunity and bones), A, E (youth vitamins) and K (normalize blood clotting).
Now we can discuss the shortcomings. For starters, weight loss is slow. The first 2-3 weeks significant changes are not to be expected, but will certainly happen. If you completely lose carbs or suddenly switch to a diet, the following complications are possible:
- decreased mental capacity;
- worsening of pancreatitis.
It should be noted that the keto diet is not able to meet the body's normal nutrient requirements, as the BJU ratio is violated. But this is all possible if the BJU ratio is 10/80/10%. An unbalanced diet can cause health problems. Due to the high fat content, liver problems may occur, and the lack of dietary fiber derived from vegetables and fruits causes gastrointestinal disorders.
But! The last mini-study in groups of up to 100 people. and for six months the ketogenic diet showed:
- Decreased blood glucose.
- Reduces bad cholesterol.
For more information, see more videos in the article!
Girls, larger and longer-term studies have not been conducted, so we do not know the effect of this diet on the body for a longer period of time!
What results can be achieved
How much and how much weight can you lose? The prediction is promising. Even if you do nothing and leave the same calorie intake, but eat according to the principles of the keto diet, then in 3 months you can lose 10 kg. But this is not the maximum.
The result depends on the slimmer one. If he starts attending the gym, and also reduces the calorie content, then the weight will be lost with wind speed. However, it is important not to overdo it, drastic weight loss is a strong stress on the body, which can lead to health problems.
Important! With a keto diet, all strength sports and excessive physical activity are prohibited, as muscles lack “fuel”.
Main and forbidden foods
The menu must contain dishes prepared with approved products. What can you eat? Need to select a product from the list:
- meats - pork, beef, rabbit and poultry;
- lard, underwear;
- fish - sea fat;
- seafood - shellfish, shrimp, squid;
- nuts - almonds, pistachios, walnuts;
- sunflower, olive oil;
- low-fat milk, butter, fermented dairy products - cream, yogurt, kefir, cottage cheese, hard cheese;
- vegetables - mushrooms, cucumbers, zucchini, cabbage, spinach, lettuce, herbs;
- fruits - avocados, citrus fruits, apples.
The regimen can be left the same, three or four meals a day will be done, but the last meal should not be done no later than 2-3 hours before bedtime. The serving content should also be reduced, but the amount of fluid you drink must be up to 1. 5 liters a day.
High carbohydrate foods are prohibited. DO NOT EAT List:
- fruits (except permitted);
- vegetables with high starch content;
- dried fruit;
- sugar, sweet and sour milk products;
- chocolate, candy;
- flour products, cakes, pastries;
- cereals, bran;
- semi-finished products, fast food;
- alcoholic beverages, carbonated and sweet.
While eating fruits and vegetables, daily carbohydrate intake should not exceed 20-50 g.
When compiling the menu for a week, it is necessary to calculate BJU correctly, because the effectiveness of the diet depends on it. To avoid hunger or indifference to food, it is necessary to diversify the diet, prepare new dishes.
The daily menu may look like this:
- Monday.Breakfast - 2 eggs boiled or fried in sunflower oil. You can get avocado for snacks. Lunch - boiled zucchini, seasoned with cream, some chicken. Dinner - rolls of minced beef, fermented roasted milk.
- Tuesday.Breakfast - cottage cheese with sour cream. Lunch - fish soup, salad with carrots, grated cheese and walnuts. Dinner is stew.
- Wednesday.Breakfast - omelet with ham. Lunch - baked mushrooms with cheese, green salad. Dinner - fish stew.
- Thursday.Breakfast - cheesecake. Lunch - chicken broth, boiled eggs. Dinner - pork, kefir.
- Friday.Breakfast - ham and cheese sandwiches. Lunch - mushroom broth, chicken balls. Dinner - zucchini pancakes, a piece of hard cheese.
- Saturday.Breakfast - no eggs. A handful of nuts for snacks. Lunch - fish soup, vegetable stew. Dinner - boiled beef, cabbage salad.
- Sunday.Breakfast - butter and salmon sandwiches. Lunch - grilled chicken, apples. Dinner - fish cake, yogurt.
This is an example menu, you can make your own customizations. If your fantasy is really bad, you should contact a nutritionist. He will give reasonable suggestions.
Keto Weight Loss Recipe
Recipes for delicious and easy-to-prepare food:
- Cottage cheese salad.You need 100 g of crushed cottage cheese, 2 tsp each. flax seeds and sesame seeds, a handful of spinach. Put the ingredients at the bottom of the plate, then add the remaining ingredients. You can fill 1 tbsp. l. sour cream.
- Vegetable stew with chicken.Only vegetables are allowed to be taken for the meal. In our case, these are zucchini, cabbage, a little carrot and onion. Chop the vegetables, add the fried chicken fillets, season with the ingredients and olive oil, simmer for 1 hour.
- Roll the stuffed cabbage lazily.Cook minced meat - all kinds of minced meat, grated carrots, minced onions and cabbage. Form cabbage rolls, place on a baking sheet and bake for 40-60 minutes.
Lose weight by endangering health. Use only safe products. Do not use slimming capsules as they can cause great harm to the body.